Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Okay, So THIS Is A Snowman



A few posts ago, I mentioned we had gone to see a large snowman in east Anchorage that was drawing a lot of media attention. Well, I opened the paper this morning to an article about THIS monstrosity - the world record snowman built in Bethel, Maine in 1999. Those are 10 foot fir trees for arms and the scarf is 120 feet long. You can read all about this marvel here.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, I have been sick (even to the point of taking time off from work!!). I expect to be back in the swing of things and back on the road to the apex by this weekend.

Comments:
I now have a new goal in life...
 
Trevor, don't take it too personally. The 16 foot snowman is still special because of where it was located - this monstrosity was designed by a civil engineer and they used a snow gun like they use on ski slopes to get the snow on each layer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?