Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Snowzilla!

To celebrate the last day of the year, some of us went on a hunt to find the fabled Snowzilla. I have to say, it was worth the journey, and along the way we saw some other wondrous sights - a bright purple house trailer, a man who looked just like Santa in the off-season (and seemed to have the ability to warp around the neighborhood awfully quickly), and the house directly across from Snowzilla which simply has to be seen to be believed.

You can read about Snowzilla here and here. It's a heart-warming story of a whole neighborhood getting together to make something great; little kids hauling snow from their yards on sleds for Billy Powers to build his vision (as Mr. Powers' yard is very small - as are all the yards in the neighborhood - it took a lot of hauling to make the project happen).

I'll try to get copies of the pictures with us in them and post them later on. I plan on making another trip to see Snowzilla with the girls this week. The picture truly does not do it justice - you have to be there for the full effect!

Sometime this week I am going to post a list of apex related goals for the coming year. A wise young lady told me the key to achieving a goal is to put it up where you can see it! I'm back on my bike and on the move to the east coast - I had a great workout tonight and set a personal best for time and distance.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?