Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

And Off I Go!


this is an audio post - click to play
Here is an attempt to edit one of my audio posts by adding in text and photos - hopefully it will retain the audio post along with the new additions. These are pictures I took of the loaded bike in Eagle River, Alaska, just 10 miles from Anchorage. This was the first time I had the gear loaded on the bike - no silly dry runs for this guy! - and I wanted to see if there were any immediate problems. This is a McDonald's parking lot as I was also having a spot of breakfast. It may seem odd for me to be stopping so close to my starting point but this was a time for reflection over coffee before I left town for what could prove to be a very long time. The loading of the bike ended up working fine, and I made very few changes over the 2800 miles to Brenda's. I remember planning the trip, and how I was going to load the bike, and not even knowing if it would all work so it was a big relief to discover it would all be fine on this first day on the road.

Comments:
I am glad you decide to go on vacation and you were able to pretty heavy discussion with your gear and suceed. Don't rush. Remember your on vacation.

Drive safe
love ya
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?